Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Car Educate

What are you like when you're driving your car by yourself? Do you dance? Sing? Talk on the phone? Sit quietly while you listen to the news? I've found that my trips in my car can either make or break my mood in the beginning or end of my day.


Last week while driving home during rush hour, I was facing the treacherous merge on Rt. 1 near the Mercer Mall. I had the radio on and one of those hip-hop dance songs was on, so I was blasting the music, windows down, singing at the top of my lungs, and dancing in the driver's seat. The man merging next to me was mid-twenties, and also grooving along to his music next to me, but with his windows closed. We smiled and waved at each other, and then went about our own singing and dancing business.


Personally, I blast my music and sing and dance because it helps me pass the time and makes the drive more bearable. But when other people look at me, they look at me like I'm crazy while they are driving in the traffic looking completely miserable. By this time it's only 5 or 5:30 and you still have at least part of your day left before you head to bed and get ready for the next day. Why ruin the ride home by being in a bad mood, rubber necking, and not having any fun?

What are your driving habits? How do you deal with traffic and rush hour? I hope that instead of hating the extra few minutes you might spend in the car, you'll celebrate one more song that you get to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. hey do you still have an itrip i can have? i know u use the thing that goes into your cassette player but i dont have a cassette player, my car is too advanced. i just want to sing and dance like you

    ReplyDelete